Thursday, November 20, 2008

This is not a vomit story

I think that it is real pleasant when people call television shows “programs.” This is an excellent tactic for worming your way into my affections during casual conversation.

Also, I am prematurely and rapturously excited about Thanksgiving. I was raised to be very gluttonous around the holidays and Thanksgiving is prime pie chow-time. I spend most of the day stuffing my face with deviled eggs and avoiding awkward conversations that start with “How’s school going?” I guess now that I’m graduated, they will all be “Have a job yet?” questions. I will mumble about bad economic conditions and repel questioners with my paprika breath.

Last Thanksgiving I had the mad stomach flu. I never really get stomach-type illness, but this was wretched. I couldn’t eat more than one mouthful of mashed potatoes and was sick for the next three days. At the time I was house-sitting for a good pal of mine (HI TORI!) and it was only her charming cable television that saved me. That and the plain oatmeal and telephone sympathy (during gross vomit-description conversations) furnished by my main fellow.

I wish I had thought at the time to call the junk I was TIVO-ing “programs.” I would have been consoled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post has too many references to people.
Update again today!