Thursday, July 31, 2008

Musings a la Monte Carlo

Things I was considering today while driving to work…

1) I should think that the very worst job would be to work in an airport restaurant. Just consider it. Everyday you would get up and put on your uniform and special no-grease shoes and head off to work. Your commute would consist of a daily battle against airport style traffic with no rewarding little peanut pack (or vacation, whatever) to sustain your goodwill. All of this followed by a whole day of dealing with grumpy travelers and skeezy business fellows, clipping your shins with their rolling suitcases and drinking whatever a “highball” is. [Note: Probably I will have this job soon, since I have proved to be hideously unemployable in the post-collegiate sense.]

2) I forgot my cell phone but remembered Brideshead Revisited, because I am a lady of impeccable priorities.

3) I really hate it when people in the work place refer to a certain f-starting explicative as the “f-bomb.” I’m relatively certain they aren’t aware of how silly this appears in the middle of an otherwise civilized situation. Since we’re all adult-sized people, I should like to see people either manning-up and just saying it, or thinking of an alternative phrase meaning “well, this situation has gone to all sorts of hell” that you aren’t too chicken to utter. I personally love to curse; it’s a shortcut when explaining your feelings.

4) Today I saw a personalized license plate holder that said “Janis Joplin: I Miss You.”

No comments: