Thursday, May 15, 2008

Free Stuff...Fair.

I know that it's almost summer, but I feel that this level of sunny, muggy tomfoolery is utterly uncalled for. I am determined to respond to the next person who tells me about the perfect weather of California by pulling out a metal seatbelt clasp (prepared by constant sunning and polishing) and give them a good scalding.

Also, today I was sitting behind this guy in my sociology class and his shirt said "A Global Revolution, ddr_freak.com" and I was entirely contented despite the glaring sun.


I have to dash off very shortly to this exposition of local businesses where my job-people have a booth that I must justly man. I suspect to spend the majority of my time passing out free Blow-Pops with little "Get an X Ray" ribbons tied around the stem...that is when I am not whining about the heat. However, I wanted to note a small thought that I was having today, as I ran out the door with slight deodorant markings on my shirt (more heat = more deodorant, and I'm serious about my deodorant).

Presumably when I graduate from college next month, I will be freed from the oppressive clasp of homework and lowered into the yawning jaws of full-time gainful employment, which I feel yields a good deal more leisure time. This begs the question: what will I be doing with myself when I'm not always cursing at my ugly footnotes and rushing through The Beggar's Opera? I may seem well rounded, but my only hobby is sticking my tongues out at children in the supermarket in hopes that their parents will whack them for being rowdy. I'm not overly motivated, so I'm probably not going to start my own business (learn paper mache, make tons of Sponge Bob pinatas and sell them out of my car?) or go to the gym (my school as a gym megaplex, I have never been inside except for the time I went in to watch a drunken dodge ball game).

Other things that you might suspect that I would want to do as a young professional type, but would be horribly wrong in doing so:
-caring about politics, discussing it at length
-directing middle school musicals in my hometown
-learning to drink wine, discussing it at length, making art with corks
-getting one of those hard-to-maintain haircuts where your side-bangs just barely skirt your glasses
-washing out my nalgene more than once a month

El Fin

No comments: